The ways to make sense of your financial investments

Solidarity funds and socially responsible investments are two possible approaches.

Are you a solidarity saver or a responsible investor? But maybe you deserve both qualifications? It is not so easy to navigate. Because the savings of solidarity and socially responsible investments have points in common. "In both cases, it's about making sense of your savings without giving up your capital, since we're in the world of investment and not the gift"explains Hervé Guez, director of equity and interest rate management at Mirova.

Solidarity investments cover a broad spectrum, from the passbook to the forward account, including life insurance, employee savings funds, unlisted shares and equities.

Beyond this common mission, the savings of solidarity and socially responsible investment (SRI) are two distinct approaches. L & # 39; SRI is a securities and bond management process that includes not only traditional financial ratios but also extra-financial criteria related to the environment, to the social and to governance. SRI funds can be subscribed directly or as part of a life insurance contract, for example, since they are SICAVs and funds invested in listed securities.

Read also:

Solidarity financing: five winners and one law

For their part, solidarity investments cover a wide spectrum, from the passbook to the account of accounts, including life insurance, employee savings funds, unlisted shares and shares. A diverse investment universe whose ultimate objective is the financing of solidarity companies. "The solidarity saver commits to sharing his performance, either in the form of a donation for sharing products or through solidarity business funding through funds 90-10.The SRI does not respond to the same problem, since there is no sharing of benefits ", adds Imad Tabet to the Crédit coopératif.

A greater degree of commitment

The financing of solidarity therefore requires a greater degree of commitment, since the financed activities are chosen on the basis of their social or social usefulness. "Solidarity savings directly finance fair-trade companies that are not listed on a stock exchange.This is an investment not in cash, so it is limited to 10% of portfolios in the context of solidarity funds in order to guarantee the liquidity of products", adds Hervé Guez.

Read also:

Are we becoming responsible savers?

These solidarity funds, which dedicate between 5% and 10% of their activities to the financing of solidarity companies, are managed, for the remaining 90%, with an SRI approach. It is therefore fair to say that the solidarity funds are SRI, but, on the contrary, only a small part of the SRI funds is in solidarity. For the record, at the end of 2017, the exceptional sum of SRI reached 310 billion euros, according to the French Association of Financial Management, against 11.5 billion euros for the entire solidarity funding.

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.