The women of NSW fight to defend the title of state of origin


Maddie Studdon proved to still be one of the most influential women directors, bringing NSW to a 14-4 victory over Queensland in front of a 10,515 crowd in the state of female origin in North Sydney Oval.

A year after being forced to quit his job to lead the Blues in Prime Women's Origin, Studdon went on the pitch with a point to prove after being robbed by the Sydney Roosters for the NRLW final of last year season and lose the place in the team Jillaroos.

A few days after signing with St George Illawarra, Studdon showed off his skills to lead the Blues in a three-to-one victory with a splendid performance in the second half in which he scored an attempt and played a & # 39; another for new teammate NRLW Shakaih Tungai.

Studdon closed a memorable evening by taking home the Nellie Doherty medal for the match player.

Queensland led 4-0 at the end after second-rower Tazmin Gray scored the only attempt at a quick first half at 25 & # 39;

Both teams completed both sets, but a penalty of 5-1 and some options from the last NSW tackle allowed the Maroons to dominate possession and coach Jason Hetherington would be disappointed to have no greater advantage at the 30th minute interval.

At 40:30 from full-back Jenni-Sue Hoepper gave Queensland the 11th minute ascent and only a desperate tackle from Hannah Southwell prevented veteran Heather Ballinger from scoring in the next set of tackles.

Maroons five-eighth and captain Ali Brigginshaw forced a repeated set with a perfectly weighed grubber in the NSW in-goal and a ruck penalty against the Simaima Taufa prop accumulated more pressure on the Blues.

However, Queensland was unable to capitalize after a pass from Brigginshaw to point Tallisha Harden was declared forward as it crashed over the goal line.

Brittany Breayley, a stellar actress, launched a scare in the Maroons field when she suffered a leg injury, but the 2018 Dally M medal recovered quickly to earn a play-the-ball penalty while escaping from the fictitious half and another infraction of Southwell put Queensland in a good position to attack.

In the end, the weight of the possession weighed on the NSW defense, and Gray scored five minutes before the interval when he took to the field and overtook Isabelle Kelly's center for the first game attempt.

The best opportunity for the Blues of the first half was that of a grubber on the pitch from the wing of the Shakiah Tungai wing last minute that Annette Brander, second Queensland rider, had to scramble to recover the dead line.

However, it was a different story in the second half, when the Blues took control and accumulated in three attempts to make sure they kept the shield of the women of origin.

The first signs of how the game would take place after the break came after Tungai fell behind on a 35th minute grudber from Studdon for referee Grant Atkins to decide he had rebounded the ball trying to stop it.

Comrade Jessica Sergis drew 4 to zero at 39 & # 39 ;, after a long pass from Kirra Dibb who created room for her exterior and a 40:30 kick from NSW, five eighth, put her side back. his team.

Tungai scored in the 44th minute after Studdon pretended to kick and got in touch with Kelly who put his winger in the corner and the Blues median secured the victory when he fell and got made wide on the test line six minutes later.

After Queensland dominated interstate clashes for over a decade, the Blues won four consecutive years and brought many rising stars into the process.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.