breast cancer illustration
GridHype.id- Breast cancer continues to be a concern in the world of health.
This deadly case is enough to haunt most women in the world.
How not, cancer cells that attack breast tissue can actually cause death.
Quoted from Kompas.com (20/7/2021), fase awal breast cancer usually without signs and symptoms.
The most common sign and symptom is a lump or thickening in the breast.
Usually this is followed by further symptoms in the form of sunken skin to bloody nipples.
The skin of the breast that is infected with cancer can thicken and the pores will protrude.
The condition looks like an orange peel because of the uneven surface.
However, this condition is usually a sign of breast cancer advanced level.
The Pocket Book of Nursing Oncology (2005) by Shirlet E. Otto describes in full the clinical picture in breast cancer.
Here are some points regarding the symptoms breast cancer according to the book:
The Most Common Symptoms of Breast Cancer
- A mass or thickening in the breast
- Unilateral, persistent, spontaneous nipple discharge with a serosanguinous, bloody, or watery character karakter
- Nipple retraction or inversion (putting inward)
- Changes in breast size, shape or texture
- Wrinkles or indentation of the surrounding skin
- Scaly skin around the nipple
Symptoms of Local or Regional Spread
- Vein dilation
- Peau d’orange change (like orange peel)
- Enlargement of axillary lymph nodes
Evidence of Metathesis
- Great headache
- Mutah projectile
- Decreased consciousness
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Supraclavicular and cervical lymph node enlargement
- Abnormal chest X-ray with or without pleural effusion
- Increased alkalization of phosphatase, calcium, positive bone pins or bone pain associated with spread of cancer to bone
- Abnormal liver function tests
Regarding some of the symptoms above, it’s a good idea to recognize the early symptoms by doing early detection of breast cancer on a regular basis.
This can be done independently with the BSE method.
breast cancer treatment