The “Dancing With the Stars” ballroom is going to look vastly different for Season 29.
Tom Bergeron and co-host Erin Andrews will not be returning to the ABC competition series next season, with Bergeron, 65, addressing his exit Monday on Twitter.
“Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me. It’s been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made. That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?” Bergeron wrote.
Bergeron has appeared on “Dancing With the Stars” since its 2005 premiere. Andrews, 42, joined the show as a co-host in 2014.
Lisa Canning initially served as the co-host of Season 1, followed by Samantha Harris, who appeared on the second through the ninth season.
In a statement Monday, ABC and producer BBC Studios said the show will “embark on a new creative direction.”
“Tom Bergeron will forever be part of the Dancing with the Stars family,” the statement read, per Deadline. “As we embark on a new creative direction, he departs the show with our sincerest thanks and gratitude for his trademark wit and charm that helped make this show a success. Erin will also not be returning, and we appreciate all that she brought to the ballroom. Fans have been rooting for her since she originally competed as a contestant back in 2010, and her signature sense of humor has become a hallmark of the show.”
Last month, former “Bachelorette” Kaitlyn Bristowe was announced as a contestant for the upcoming season.
Reps for ABC did not immediately return our request for comment.