Berlin The main suspect in the case of the murdered Kassel government president Walter Lübcke can be seen on film footage of a demonstration in Chemnitz in 2018. This is reported by the Mitteldeutsche Rundfunk (MDR). Accordingly lie the video images “exactly” in front of the MRD magazine,
The recordings are to show Stephan E. and his alleged accomplice Markus H. According to the broadcaster, they were checked for authenticity.
The AfD regional associations of Brandenburg, Saxony and Thuringia and the anti-Islam Pegida movement called for the demonstration on September 1, 2018, called the “funeral march”, after a man was stabbed to the brim at a city festival in Chemnitz. At that time, asylum seekers were identified as suspects.
According to official information, 5,500 people took part in the demonstration in the Saxon city. Later, around 2,500 participants joined a demonstration that had been registered by the Pro Chemnitz citizens’ movement.
Lübcke was shot in the head of his house in June 2019. Stephan E., formerly known as the neo-Nazi, is said to be the shooter according to previous investigations. So far there is no evidence of the presence of another man at the scene.
Stephan E. made a comprehensive confession, which he later revoked. On Wednesday, his lawyer said that Stephan E. had been with Lübcke together with Markus H. So far, H. has been investigated on suspicion of being murdered.
E. had originally testified that he had seen his family threatened by criminal foreigners, and Islamist attacks had stirred him up a lot. Lübcke, who had defended the establishment of refugee accommodation near Kassel in 2015, had blamed himself for this.
More: Read here how many crimes were committed against officials and mandate holders in 2019.