Without the presence of the Peruvian steering wheel Alexander Lecaros, Botafogo took a visiting point, after matching with Flamengo (1-1) by date 5 of Brasileirao. Our compatriot was on the substitute bench, but once again, he was left with the desire to add minutes and make his debut in the official Brazilian tournament.
A game that happened different scenarios, then, although from the initial whistle it was the homeowner who imposed his rhythm; that did not know how to take it to the scoreboard and as the saying goes, “goals that you do not make, goals that you do”.
In that sense, the first time the owner of the house had up to three clear chances to get ahead, perhaps the one that left the most with the contained scream, the one that Bruno Henrique had at 23 minutes. A cross from the left sector came just for the attacker; that head seemed to beat the goal of Fernández.
However, the archer providentially removed his hands and prevented his three clubs from being dropped.
For the second half and with the obligation to go for the result, Flamengo took a risk leaving spaces. A fact that was quite taken advantage of by the visiting squad.
However, it seemed that it was the ‘rubonegros’ who were ahead of 75′, but the main judge had to review the VAR and this confirmed that the goal scored – by Gabriel Barbosa – had been by hand.
This, on the other hand, was no problem for Botafogo, who with patience could do damage, little, but lethal. Thus at 90 + 3 ‘of the discounts, a free kick would be picked up by Pedro, who with presence in the area, achieved a half chalaca and placed the first.
Everything seemed to fall apart for Flamengo, who did not believe how that goal came about. Luckily for him, a foul inside the box six minutes later would give him that last chance. In front stood ‘Gabigol’, who from the twelve steps, would not fail.
With this tie at one, Botafogo remains undefeated in the Brasileirao start and already has six units (8th). While, Flamengo falls to 12th place with five points. On the following date, the Lecaros team will host Inter de Porto Alegre at home.
For day 5 of Brasileirao, Botafogo of Alexander Lecaros will visit this Sunday, August 23, the always difficult Flamengo. Appointment scheduled for 09:00 Peruvian time (14:00 GMT) at the Maracanã Stadium and where our compatriot hopes to add minutes.
- Minute 0 ‘The game started!
- Minute 2 ‘A start with Flamengo trying to get the ball in his possession.
- Minute 7 ‘Flamengo is approaching the goal little by little, although without greater clarity.
- Minute 11 ‘Watch out! First clear arrival of the local with Gabigol. His shot passes very close to the right post.
- Minute 13 ‘Flamengo claims a foul, but the referee tells them to continue.
- Minute 14 ‘Now yes! Missing for the homeowner. Dangerous free throw.
- Minute 17 ‘Again Gabriel Barbosa takes the shot and demands the goalkeeper Fernández. Closer to 1-0 Flamengo.
- Minute 23 ‘UFFFF! Great center for Bruno Henrique, who hits the header and goalkeeper Fernández again essential to get his hands on.
- Minute 25 ‘UFFF! Botafogo responds with a counterattack that ended in poor execution by ‘9’ Babi Matheus.
- Minute 30 ‘Botafogo creates a counterattack situation again, which finds the spaces.
- Minute 37 ‘Yellow card for Ribeiro in Flamengo.
- Minute 40 ‘Shortly after the end of the first part, it seems that the zero does not move.
- Minute 45 ‘Three more minutes are added.
- Minute 45 + 3 ‘To rest!
- Minute 45 ‘The second half begins!
- Minute 49 ‘Player sense of Botafogo on the field.
- Minute 50 ‘Matheuzinho wins the yellow in Flamengo for the foul.
- Minute 53 ‘Flamengo goes to the front and from the beginning of the complement he looks for 1-0.
- Minute 56 ‘Strong foul and dangerous free kick for Flamengo. Gabriel Barbosa separates in front.
- Minute 60 ‘Yellow card for Caio in Flamengo. Free kick for Botafogo.
- Minute 61 ‘Caio Alexandre sale in Botafogo. Ingresa Danilo.
- Minute 65 ‘Thuler enters for Caio in Flamengo.
- Minute 65 ‘Ingresa Vitinho by Rocha en Flamengo.
- Minute 69 ‘Thiago Maia enters for Diego in Flamengo.
- Minute 70 ‘Barrandeguy wins the yellow on the visit.
- Minute 75 ‘Gooooooooal from Flamengo! Gabriel Barbosa opens the account when he is alone in front of the goal.
- Minute 76 ‘They review the VAR and it is canceled.
- Minute 78 ‘Ingresa Rhuan en Botafogo.
- Minute 82 ‘Each time closer to the end and the visit takes an important point.
- Minute 87 ‘They claim a foul in the area for Botafogo, but the referee decides to continue.
- Minute 89 ‘UFFFF! Vitinho takes advantage of the quick serve and shoots from long distance, demanding goalkeeper Fernández.
- Minute 90 ‘Six more minutes are added.
- Minute 90 + 3 ‘Gooooooooooal from Botafogo! Pedro opens the account at discounts.
- Minute 90 + 9 ‘¡Penaaaal to Flamengo!
- Minute 90 + 9 ‘Gooooooooooal from Flamengo! Gabriel Barbosa equals the account.
- Minute 90 + 10 ‘Final!
With five points in the table and ranking eighth, the visiting team arrives undefeated to this important duel, which is undoubtedly the most difficult so far in its presentation this season.
Precisely, he achieved his first victory beating Atlético Mineiro 2-1 at home. The Peruvian midfielder returned to the squad list and was present on the substitutes’ bench, however, he did not make his entry.
The goals came through Morais (27 ‘) and Caio Alexandre (88’) for the ‘black and white’ side, while Rabello (90 + 7 ‘) was discounted for the visit.
For his part, the ‘Fla’ arrives from two games without falling, after he had a bad start; after the departure of their coach Jorge Jesús, with whom they managed to become champions of the Copa Libertadores 2019 and recently winning the Carioca Championship.
The last time Botafogo visited Flamengo for Brasileirao was in 2019, being a local victory by a tight 3-2.
You can follow all the incidents of this good match between Flamengo and Botafogo by Alexander Lecaros LIVE ONLINE from 09:00 Peruvian time through Futbolperuano.com
Axel Belapatiño – Futbolperuano.com