A fire in a nursing home in Milan leaves 6 dead and more than 60 injured

by Daniel Perez - News Editor
0 comments

Six people have died and at least 68 were injured in a fire that broke out early this Friday in a nursing home in Milanas reported by the Italian emergency services.

Luca Cari, a spokesman for the national fire service, confirmed the death toll to Reuters and said the fire had been put out and its causes were being investigated.

He added that three people have been hospitalized in critical condition, 15 with serious but non-fatal injuries and about 50 with minor injuries.

The Mayor of Milan, Joseph HallSpeaking to reporters at the scene, he said the fire was extinguished very quickly but produced a large amount of smoke that intoxicated many residents.

Italian news agencies, citing regional emergency services, had previously reported that 81 people had been hospitalized, including two in critical condition.

Related Posts

Leave a Comment