Denpasar Mayor Apologizes to Prabowo Over BPJS PBI Statement

by Daniel Perez - News Editor
0 comments


Jakarta

Denpasar Mayor I Gusti Ngurah Jaya Negara clarified his statement regarding the deactivation of Health Insurance Contribution Assistance (PBI) Recipients (JK). Jaya Negara also apologized.

Reported detikBaliSunday (15/2/2026), Jaya Negara said that the deactivation of PBI JK for 24,401 PBI Decile 6-10 beneficiaries in Denpasar City was an order from President Prabowo Subianto. Jaya Negara admitted he was wrong and stated that the regulation he referred to in his previous statement should be Presidential Instruction (Inpres) Number 4 of 2025 concerning Single National Social and Economic Data (DTSEN).

“To be honest, we didn’t have the slightest intention like that. What we mean is that the President issued Instruction Number 4 of 2025 regarding DTSEN which aims to increase data accuracy so that it is more targeted effectively and efficiently,” said Jaya Negara in his statement.


SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Jaya Negara said the Minister of Social Affairs’ decision Number 4 Point C states that the PBI for Health Insurance uses Deciles 1-5. He admitted that he received a report from the Denpasar City Social Service which said that there had been a deactivation of 24,401 PBI Decile 6-10 beneficiaries in Denpasar City.

The Denpasar City Government then coordinated with BPJS Health so that the deactivated data could be reactivated using Denpasar City APBD funds. The Denpasar City Government, he said, is committed to supporting the central government’s policy regarding the completion of the deactivation of BPJS PBI Health Deciles 6-10.

“So that our people continue to receive BPJS health services in Denpasar City,” added Jaya Negara.

Minister of Social Affairs Saifullah Yusuf or Gus Ipul previously asked Jaya Negara to withdraw the statement regarding the deactivation of PBI JK. Gus Ipul said Jaya Negara’s statement that the deactivation was on President Prabowo’s orders was misleading.

“This statement is misleading and really confuses the public, because what is conveyed is far from the facts. It’s as if the President instructed him to deactivate PBI. This is really misleading,” said Ipul in a press release, Friday (13/2).

Read more at here

Also watch the video “Clarification from the Mayor of Denpasar regarding the Deactivation of BPJS PBI”

(lir/imk)

date:2026-02-15 02:22:00

Related Posts

Leave a Comment